Monday, October 5, 2009

Perma-tan


I became a permanent Australian resident last week. Got a letter through from immigration: "Thank you for choosing us, you're an asset to this country and we hope you stay forever. If there's anything we can do, give us a buzz."

Alright, not quite, but there was a bit at the end about 'congratulations and good luck with your new life in Australia', which made it sound official and a fairly big deal, even though it just came through on one sheet of paper, and the visa I've already got in my passport is all I need, so I don't need to go anywhere or get anything stamped.

I can now act up and get goonered from here and would be able to sign on, sitting on a couch in the front yard all day in a wifebeater with my gelled mullett glinting magnificently in the sun. But y'know, softly softly catchee monkey and all that, there's no rush...

No comments: