Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm not sick, but I'm not well...


You see the odd Aussie celeb round here, a couple of weeks ago Lara Bingle was getting in to her rather flash Aston Martin outside the local shops (she's the bird who was in the "Where the bloody hell are you?" advert and who's now engaged to Michael Clarke, the Aussie cricket vice-captain). I was checking out her motor before I recognised it was her getting into it.

However, I couldn't say I wasn't surprised to walk past Super Hans yesterday morning! I'd just left the house on the way to work and as I got to the station he was there with a little girl of about three of four. I might not have thought it was him if Anna hadn't told me the night before that he was filming a new Aussie series with Claudia Karvan, the bird from Secret Life Of Us and Love My Way. It's by the same production company, and she plays a dentist who forms a friendship with the ghost of a dead 80s rock star, played by Super Hans, or Matt King as he's apparently known. The show's called Spirited and starts here in August, and no doubt some channel in the UK will take a punt on it eventually, seeing as there's a million channels pumping out shite. According to a bio of his he's writing a show called 'Whites', based on his time working in a Michelin-starred kitchen before he turned his hand to acting and stand up comedy. I hadn't known that he beat Russell brand to the role of Super Hans either, with Brand auditioning for it before he decided to become an Ealing Comedy version of Jack Sparrow and take over the world.

I haven't seen the sixth or seventh series of Peep Show, and after thinking about getting six on amazon I then discovered that it's all on youtube, which is a touch, even if it ain't as good as watching it on a big telly.

No comments: