Tuesday, December 11, 2007

That's Me A Working Man

After a couple of interviews and a bit of homework I now work for the crim on the left (subject to signing my contract). I start next Tuesday at http://ninemsn.com.au/ in the entertainment, music and teen stuff. It's in the Australia Square building, which was Australia's first tower block, apparently. It's at the Circular Quay end of George Street and until we get our own gaff I'll be getting the ferry to work, which is a touch. It's all highly corporate stuff but as I found out when I became a soldier in the barmy Rupert army last year, that sort of stuff involves private health care, a good pension, decent bonuses blah blah. The one shocker is that 20 days is the standard annual leave here. I'm getting 21, but I was on 30 by the time I left the old gaff. Using fifteen to come home for three weeks at some point obviously whollops 75% of yer holiday in a one-er so I may have to think about getting very rich very quickly so that I can do it at least once a year. Where'd I put that foam antler export form...

No comments: