Sunday, November 22, 2009

Phew wot a scorcha, again


It was over 40 degrees here yesterday (104 fahrenheit), the place was muchos hot. Hottest November day since 1982 so apart from the beaches being packed, the rest of the place was pretty quiet, as it was too hot to do anything or walk about anywhere. I wandered out to the shops for a couple of bits and it was dead quiet. And very hot. The eastern suburbs don't normally get it as hot as we're near the coast and the breezes, unlike the inner west and further inland who fry and are often a good five degrees hotter. I had a cracking hangover from the night before, but I was feeling alright, I think I sweated it out and felt knackered but generally alright, in between cold showers and sitting on the couch the whole day doing nowt.

No comments: