Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cozy chat


As most of know, in my career of interviewing the stars I was always striving for a Parky-esque style with which to put the A-List celebrities I interviewed McFly and Girls Aloud at ease and have them open up to me (phnar).

There are currently loads of ads on TV (or 'spots' as most of you lot would call them) for "Parky - The One Man Show" featuring the man himself giving it the hard sell "join me for an evening of watching clips on a big screen and me babbling away about how great it all was, apart from Meg Ryan, obviously..." (I'm paraphrasing slightly).

He's huge here, partly due to the fact that he comes over every January for the cricket (the trooper) and drops the required platitudes in at the right times "love coming here, fabulous country, the cricket culture is second to none" etc etc

So now you can get to see the man live for the night for a mere seventy five notes! Or a nifty if you want to sit up the back ($150 & $100).

A ton-fifty a seat! Still, he's a legendary act who puts on a hell of a show, it must cost a fortune to get all those backing dancers up to speed, the pyrotechnics, that bit where he flies out over the crowd on a wire...

No comments: