Friday, December 12, 2008

Get hold of this...


If you want to waste an afternoon with a grin on your mooey check out the rest of the videos the lad (23Daves) has posted, absolute quality. you can find most of the crackers by typing in 'indie chart show' in the search box. (skip to 3.02 to go to the start of the chart countdown)

Why does The Beloved tune remind me of a Mansun song? I've googled it but it doesn't say they covered it. One of their songs does the same thing of namechecking a load of celebrities and sounds the same, but I can't find it or remember, maybe I just always thought it was a Mansun song because they sound the same.

Anyhow, on the other side of the scale, but still from the Chart Show, check this out, jesus christ... I think this might tickle some surpressed memory from this period when having a ponytail meant you were the George Best of snooker.


have a good weekend lads

5 comments:

danny said...

I can't get them chart show clips to work, what's the beloved song? I'm gonna keep trying, just the thought of them puts a smile on my face

Kel said...

It's 'Hello' by The Beloved. Is it your work that blocks youtube? have a look at home, I've never seen a better indie top ten, dunno who the lot at nine are mind.

danny said...

my youtube works, but for some reason that won't load. I've found another one from 1991 featuring carter, nirvana, teenage fanclub and my bloody valentine, it's bloody great. I played that beloved song too, and it does sound very mansun. Indeed, I ended up trawling through a load of mansun vids on youtube, take it easy, chicken was particularly beloved-esqe.

Max said...

Quality! Saturday lunchtime was never the same again when the Chart Show went! Saw a clip of Ebden on Question of Sport the other week - potting the pink instead of a red because he's colour blind - madness! All set for Christmas chaps?

Kel said...

Alright mate... I've noticed that you're never really set for Christmas until you get your better half a present you think she'll like, are you? So thankfully I am now, we're also house sitting a bit of a mansion for Anna's mates who've got two dogs, just round the corner from our gaff. Spending Christmas day and boxing day over at Anna's mum's like last year, and hopefully it'll be hot enough for a swim this year, though if not then hopefully there'll be waves around for a surf!