Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Up to here


Well, The Charlies played their first ever gigs down under, and according to this review, Friday's Sydney show was a stormer. (Weird that the lad dong the review has probably never seen them before, and probably doesn't know they always finish with Sproston Green).

I remember being told about them coming here but then I forgot and by the time I remembered it had sold out. The Forum is a new venue next to the SCG at Fox Studios and holds 1500, though it feels like less. There were hardly any tickets on ebay or Gumtree (though plenty of 'tickets wanted' posts from Brits now living here) but on the Thursday I got a call from the one lad who had a spare and was taking offers, my $100 offer was a winner apparently (they'd cost $61). I arranged to meet him outside the venue at half seven the next night so was over the moon when he phoned up at half five on the night and said there'd been a mix up and there weren't a spare.

Suffice to say I did not have the last laugh and was not loving the Drake. Mind you, I managed to go home and not lose the rag at the missus for something/anything, so there ya go, I'm growing as a human.

The Artic Monkeys are playing side shows to the Big Day Out in January, they go on sale December 1st, and whilst I'm not overly fussed, I'm feeling the pain of missing out on seeing the charlies so there's a good chance I'll be at my computer come 8.59am on the first of next month.

No comments: